Friday, February 12, 2010

Connect Multiple Jelly Bracelets Can I Connect Multiple Laptops With A Verizon Card And Wireless Router?

Can I connect multiple laptops with a verizon card and wireless router? - connect multiple jelly bracelets

I have a laptop with a Verizon wireless card, router D-Link Wireless and several laptops. What I want to do is use my Verizon card and the laptop as a gateway to the Internet and other portable or Sony PSP connected to the Internet through this shared connection. Can I / cable directly to the Dlink router or wireless you. Do I think that is possible, but I'm not sure.

4 comments:

Tracy L said...

Rob C is absolutely right .. You can do. You can also use a router that connects all the computers on the Aircard and then with this router. As Kyocera http://www.evdoinfo.com/content/view/264 ...
D-Link, I have even one of these now.
Add http://www.dlink.com/products/?model=dir here is the link ...

Thus it anyway, but I like the router using the AirCard!
All their local machine then just use the WiFi router (or eithernet) the AirCard connection is then connected to the Internet.

Rob C said...

It is possible, but the speed is very slow.

Create a connection ICS (internet sharing) on your computer with the connected AirCard.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/ics

Basically, you just open the Network Connections, select the combination of the two AirCard and your LAN connection, right click and click bridge connections. This air-link card for wireless internet.

Then you have to run a cable from the LAN to the WAN port on the router, the router now has a firm connection and you can configure a wireless network / cable as usual.

Good luck.

Psychic Computer Repair® PEBKAC said...

Very interesting. I would be surprised if it works. Using the method of wireless transmission of packets to the AirCard in conjunction with ICS and the router.

Please report what happens.

I would be surprised if you work and produce useful results.

notyou96 said...

If I do multiple phones to get a wireless router and the modem and configure a computer and create a wireless netowork.
Good Luck

Post a Comment